Following the great success of the South East Challenge SEE, with our partners Breckland Training Services, is running a ‘Apprenticeship Challenge’ version tailored specially for those just starting their career in local government.
The Apprentice Challenge is an all-day high intensity simulation exercise that gives an opportunity for level 2 and 3 local government apprentices to learn with, and compete against, colleagues from across the sector. Our colleagues in the East of England region hosted the first event recently and, after very positive feedback, we are excited to bring it to our councils.
The challenge will take place on Wednesday 11 March 2020 at the fabulous American Express Community Stadium, near Brighton. There are great public transport and road links with free parking onsite. Places are just £195 per apprentice – great value for an unmissable, invaluable day of training and networking for your brightest and best. The event is strictly limited to just 48 spaces so book now.
This event will give attendees a range of enhanced knowledge, skills and positive outcomes such as:
• Building partnerships with relevant organisations or individuals in a variety of different settings
• Developing inter-personal skills when working with colleagues
• Developing and practising media handling skills, including drafting press releases, social media management and an introduction to direct media interaction
• Developing and practicing communication and presentation skills
• Practicing organisational, team building and time management skills
• Developing resilience to rapidly changing priorities, demands and timescales
This event is also ideal for those who are keen to develop their professional network by working with apprentice colleagues from other organisations across the South East. Apprentices enter as individuals and will be in mixed teams with other participants.