The only professional development opportunity in the South East specifically targeted at local government apprentices and leading to regional recognition. South East Employers is grateful for the generous sponsorship of
The only professional development opportunity in the South East specifically targeted at local government apprentices and leading to regional recognition. South East Employers is grateful for the generous sponsorship of the Local Government Association for this event.
Are you (or is someone in your team or organisation):
– A current or recently qualified (in the last 12 months) Level 2 or 3 Apprentice working in local government?
– Looking to push yourself and to test your skills and capability?
– Interested in challenging and developing yourself alongside others in the same position?
If so, then the South East Apprenticeship Challenge is the event for you.
Based on the hugely successful Local Authority Challenge (http://localauthoritychallenge.com/) developed by Breckland Training Services, this event will give apprentices the chance to experience the opportunities, risks and challenges involved in delivering successful local government services.
The public sector is facing a time of unprecedented change and local authorities are being forced to find new ways to deliver more for less. There is a need to produce services that offer people greater choice and control over their daily lives and to engage actively with the public to develop them.
This event will give attendees a range of enhanced knowledge, skills and positive outcomes such as:
• Building partnerships with relevant organisations or individuals in a variety of different settings
• Developing inter-personal skills when working with colleagues
• Developing and practising media handling skills, including drafting press releases, social media management and an introduction to direct media interaction
• Developing and practicing communication and presentation skills
• Practicing organisational, team building and time management skills
• Developing resilience to rapidly changing priorities, demands and timescales
This event is also ideal for those who are keen to develop their professional network by working with apprentice colleagues from other organisations across the South East. Apprentices enter as individuals and will be in mixed teams with other participants.
What people have said about the Local Authority Challenge:
“a fantastic development opportunity”
“by far the best day of professional development I have ever done”
“The Challenge will give your staff the ability to develop skills they didn’t realise they had, pushing them outside of their comfort zone in a safe, but pressurised environment.”
Sign up for this event and the opportunity to become the South East Apprentice of the Year 2020! Places are strictly limited and we’ve had amazing interest!
Cost: £195 + VAT per entrant
Please ensure you read our terms and conditions BEFORE booking your place as cancellations may be chargeable.
South East Employersevents@seemp.co.uk South East Employers Guildhall, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 9GH