Successful chairing skills for Parish & Town Council
This workshop is designed to enable Parish and Town Councillors to consider all aspects of the Chair’s/Vice Chair’s role when chairing in a virtual, hybrid or in council basis. The workshop will assist in further developing practical performance in this area.
On completion of this development workshop Councillors will be able to:
- Describe the leadership role of the Chair/Vice Chair in a meeting
- Understand the importance of preparation and follow up when undertaking a meeting
- Further develop the skills required for effective chairing of a virtual, hybrid and in council meeting
- Draw up an action plan for developing their chairing skills.
The course will consist of:
- Reviewing the virtual/hybrid Meetings process. What has gone well & areas for future improvement.
- Leadership role of the Chair/ Vice Chair of a meeting.
- Characteristics of a well chaired meeting
- Setting the tone: opening remarks
- Preparing effectively for a virtual, hybrid or in council meeting
- Key skills to chair a successful virtual, hybrid or in council meeting e.g. listening, body language and summarising
- Taking control of a meeting and managing time
- Developing a range of techniques for dealing with different meeting participants
- Involving/ engaging the public in a virtual and in council meeting
- The importance of ‘Follow up’ post meeting
- Taking the learning forward, developing an action plan
The workshop will take place on:
- Wednesday 14 July 2021, 10am – 12pm on Zoom
- £75 per delegate for SEE Associate member councils
- £99 per delegate for non-member councils
Please ensure you have read our Cancellation Policy before booking.